GUESS THE HISTORICAL OBJECT COMPETITION
Terms and conditions:
- By entering into this competition all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the following rules.
- Entrants must be 16 or over.
- No purchase is necessary.
- To enter, participants must either
- Neither the Promoter nor its agencies are responsible for entries that are lost or deleted as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure that is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 7pm on Saturday 26th June 2021.
- The winner: The winner will be chosen at random after 7pm on Saturday 26th June 2021 from all entries received on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The winner will be contacted via social media within 48 hours of the competition ending. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within 24 hours of the competition winners being chosen, the Promoter reserves the right to select a new winner without liability to the original winner.
- The winner will be contacted with details of how to claim their prize.
- The Prize: A signed copy of “Dominion by Tom Holland, Britain’s War by Daniel Todman, The Case of the Married Woman by Antonia Fraser, Wisdom of the Ancients by Niel Oliver and The Gun, the Ship and the Pen by Linda Colley”. One book bundle prize per winner. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. The prize does not include free entry to the Festival.
- Other than where such liability cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any person entering the competition or as a result of accepting the prize.
- The prize shall be awarded at Chalke Valley History Festival’s (“the Promoter”) discretion. If the Promoter considers any entrant has acted inappropriately or dishonestly in entering into the competition the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any prize.
- Privacy: Any personal data submitted by you will be used only by the Promoter for administrative purposes and will not be disclosed to a third party without prior consent other than for the purposes of delivering the prize.
- The Promoter is Chalke Valley History Festival, Unit 1 The Stables, Chalke Pyt Farm, Broad Chalke, Salisbury SP5 5ET.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and that Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have no liability for any element of this Promotion. By participating in the competition and/or accepting a prize, to the maximum extent permissible by law, you the entrant hereby release Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and the Promoter and its managers, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, the Promoter’s advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all claims, damages, losses or liabilities whatsoever arising from or in connection with the competition and, if declared a winner, the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities.