Ali Ansari is a Professor in the School of History and the Director of the Institute of Iranian Studies at the University of St Andrews. Here he is talking to CVHF Volunteer and history student, Ellie Watson about our longterm projects, The Thread of History.
Tudor historian, Tracy Borman talks to CVHF volunteer and history student, Eleonor Watson about her latest novel,. The Kings Witch, why she decided to start writing historical fiction and what her job entails as chief curator at the Royal Palaces.
Ali Ansari is a Professor in the School of History and the Director of the Institute of Iranian Studies at the University of St Andrews. Here he is talking to CVHF Volunteer and history student, Ellie House about politics in Iran, how Iranians view their own history and the importance of nationalism in the preservation of the current government.
No. 1 international bestselling novelist and non-fiction writer, Kate Mosse talks to us about her new series of novels just launched that span 300 years of one of the darkest periods in French history set in Carcassonne, Paris, London and Amsterdam.
- 🎬 CVHF 2019 Festival Highlights1st July 2019 - 1:23 pm
- David Greville-Heygate’s log book record of his time flying Typhoons29th June 2019 - 8:53 am
- My First Visit To Chalke Valley History Festival For Schools25th June 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 🎧 William Golding18th June 2019 - 12:28 pm
- Power And Curiosity: How The Abbasid Caliph Al-Mamun Pushed The Boundaries Of Scientific Knowledge 12th June 2019 - 10:59 am